What do I do if I get into an accident, or I am injured by another party?
• If you have been injured in an accident, seek immediate professional medical attention. Notify the attending physician of the circumstances of your injury.
• If you are involved in an auto accident, you should notify the appropriate law enforcement agency, and you should notify your auto insurance company.
• If you are injured on public or private property, notify the owner or management of the situation, incident or un-safe condition. Ask them to make a written report documenting the injury or event.
• If there are people who have witnessed the accident, obtain their name(s), address(es), and phone number(s), if possible. If you have a camera (cell phone, digital, etc.) take pictures of the injuries to you or your passengers, and the damage done to the vehicles involved.
• In the immediate two to four weeks after the accident/injury keep a daily written diary documenting the ailments you are suffering, as well as any other complications or problems that are caused by your injuries.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to discuss them with our personal injury lawyer in Reno Nevada.